Job overview: Jack Badger Ltd is an award-winning traditional joinery company specialising in high-end architectural joinery. We are looking to recruit a CAD Technician to our friendly team based at our workshop in Old Glossop.
Reports to: Operations Director
Location: Old Glossop
Salary: TBC at interview
Hours: 7am- 5pm Monday- Thursday, 7am- 1pm on Fridays
Employment type: Full time, permanent.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please click on the button at the bottom of the page to send us an email. Please make sure you include your CV and a covering letter.
We are looking for a CAD Technician to work within a small team of designers to create 3D CAD models and production drawings from surveys and design concepts.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would have a good knowledge of architectural joinery manufacturing processes in order to produce clear and accurate working drawings for customer's approval and in house production.
- Must be proficient in your use of 3D modelling in SOLIDWORKS.
- Experience of working with parametric modelling is essential.
- An eye for detail, as our models can extend up to tens of thousands of parts.
- Excellent 3D visualisation skills.
- The ability to co-ordinate design concepts for all aspects of manufacturing and workshop construction.
- Knowledge of general materials for production wood, glass, metalwork, finishes, etc.
- To have an understanding of joinery processes and workshop production.
- Great communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Disciplined approach to CAD administration.
Our workshop is based in the foothills of the Peak District and wellbeing is all around; we are perfectly located for a lunchtime run, after-work walk or Friday afternoon bike ride in the hills.
Some of the benefits we offer are:
- Daily paid breakfast
- Bupa Healthcare
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle scheme – bike to work scheme
- Holiday reward scheme for length of service along with additional bonus days between Christmas and New Year
- Team development days out.
About Jack Badger
Jack Badger Ltd is a team of some of the most talented and knowledgeable traditional joiners across the UK. Inspired by historical joinery and carving techniques, our style takes creative cues from Medieval designs to create considered and beautifully handcrafted internal and external doors, panelling, flooring and other architectural features, fit for modern living.
Our multi-award winning joinery studio provides the perfect base for us to blend our traditional hand carving and joinery techniques with our innovative in-house technological and CAD capabilities. This allows us to keep developing our designs and working practices, so that we can continue to take on the most innovative and complex of projects.
We work collaboratively with clients and other third parties on projects across the country. Our pragmatic approach, from unpicking historic joinery techniques, adds a diverse knowledge base to project teams, helping to refine ideas and create something truly authentic out of the best natural and sustainable wood.
In short, Jack Badger create considered, historically inspired pieces that will live and be loved for centuries to come.